Are there any restrictions for parasailing in Mauritius?
- While the minimum age is 5 years, if you are below 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must accompany you to sign your liability waiver before you can even board the craft or platform.
- An adult has to accompany anyone who is between 5-10 years in the flight.
- The time restriction for parasailing activities in Mauritius is from 9 am to 5 pm.
- The Mauritius Tourism Authority has put the minimum duration for the flight part of the activity to be 15 minutes while the maximum is 20 minutes.
Do I have to hold on at all times?
- No! The crew only requires you to hold on during takeoffs and landing.
- Primarily, you are not hanging onto the parachute; that is the work of the harness.
- So, sit back, relax and enjoy the fulfilling feeling.
Is parasailing a dangerous activity?
- Absolutely not, provided the equipment is in good working condition and weather conditions are right,
- You will be able to take off, soar high up and land safely.
Am I allowed to fly with a friend?
- Yes, but a maximum of only 2 passengers are allowed per flight and one of the passengers should be of age.
- Prices are charged per head meaning you will not save money by opting to fly with a partner.
Will I touch water?
- You do not have to.
- Let your captain know if would love to get your feet wet, called touch and go, and he or she will allow you to do just that.
- Depend on sea and weather conditions.
- An unobstructed sea room should be available to undergo this exercise.
I don’t know how to swim, can I parasail?
- Of course, yes.
- Takeoffs and landings take place at the back deck of the boat.
- During rare malfunction, parachutes drift slowly to water, and the life jackets take over.
I have a minor who is excited about parasailing, can he fly alone?
- Yes, if he or she is above 10 years & depending on the weather conditions.
- The towline recommendation for a children below age of 12 is 90 meters.
What happens when the towline break accidentally?
- Your captain makes sure everything is in perfect condition.
- Breakage is very rare.
- Should it happen, you will gradually and safely descend right into the water.